Never a dull moment

Never a dull moment

Saturday, August 14, 2010

New Beginnings

"Ain't we lucky we got 'em, Good Times!"

A few years ago, Staples had a commercial that featured a harried mother frantically trying to do her back to school shopping. The grabber, though, was the background music playing cheerfully, "It's the most wonderful time of the year." If I saw it this week, I don't know if I would laugh maniacally or throw something at the TV.

Well, our wonderful school time really sneaked up on me.

First of all, I am not a planner. AT ALL. Never have been. Don't know how we have managed this long in life not knowing what we were going to do from one day to the next.....oh, wait, what were we talking about? Oh right, school.

Secondly,we homeschool. Year round. Yes, we are weird, unsocialized homeschoolers. (Somehow my computer does not recognize unsocialized or homeschool as words.....Ooops off track again.) Until now, poor Trey has received the brunt of my efforts at teaching, but this year, Helen and Hope will need, you know, learning and stuff. How did that happen? They were babies just yesterday.

Thirdly, It is too hot to think about school, or anything else.

And finally, how in the heck am I going to manage all 3 of them? So, back to Number 1, I need a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment